Monday 12 January 2015

Manicure Monday :: Grease Lightning


sally hansen :: grease lightning





Its probably no surprise to any of you that when I do find a shade of nail polish that I don't have, I do a little happy dance inside. I came across this while grocery shopping this weekend (again, no surprise) and knew it was exactly what I was looking for! I had almost picked this shade up a couple of months ago from Essie but decided against its $9 price tag. I find that Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri line checks all the boxes when it comes to a nail polish: price, formula, brush, colours, and quality.

Reading more is one of my goals this year and I thought I'd share with you what I'll be reading this evening while enjoying a cup of tea. I knew I wanted to read Hilary Clinton's Hard Choices for some time, but I never got around to buying it. Again, glad I waited since it was on sale for $15 at Chapters during Boxing Week. Plus I had a $10 credit from Chapters since my online order took a life time to get to me, so yes - I paid $5 for the book. #winning 

The former United States Secretary of State is someone whom I  think I could learn a lesson or two from. She is a powerful lady who has definitely overcome obstacles along her career. Whether its in fashion or politics, I love reading about females dominating the world. I just finished reading Sophia Amoruso's #Girlboss, perhaps the last one on the planet to read it, and it was exactly the slap in the face/wake up call that I needed! I highly recommend. 

Okay, before I turn this post into a book review, I must mention one more thing. Speaking of women dominating the world, a very good friend of mine, Par, recently launched her very own lifestyle and fashion blog (Congrats Par)! I'd love for all of you to check her out by clicking here. Seriously check her out, she's gorgeous! Hint: A little birdie told me she's got some OOTD posts soon too. 

xox,

Luvania    

No comments:

Post a Comment