Saturday 22 June 2013

DIY :: Honey Almond Face + Body Scrub



Hi loves,

I thought I would do something a little different on the blog today, a skincare DIY! If you remember reading from my 7 Deadly Sins of Beauty tag, I mentioned how I would like to exfoliate more, so... I decided to make a DIY for myself one weekend. The results actually surprised me, and after using the scrub for the past couple of weeks on my face and body, I knew it was safe to share with you guys. With my scrub, I decided to also infuse it with rose hip oil (as you will see in the blue container, de-potted from a glass jar for travelling), as it is a natural ingredient known to have skin restoring properties and amazing for diminishing acne scars on your face. 
I've noticed my face much softer and smoother recently (also with the aid of face masks), but its also great for the summer months when we want to bare our soft and smooth legs! I hope you try this out sometime, and let me know if you do and how you liked it.

Have a great weekend!

xox,

Luvania


Ingredients

1.5 cups finely crushed almonds
15 ml honey (manuka honey recommended)
3 teaspoons rose hip oil
1 container


Stir all ingredients until you have achieved this texture


Enjoy! 

Recommended to store in the fridge (and for 2-3 hours before use), as it allows the scrub to turn into a more usable consistency, and awesome for cooling off on those extremely hot days.


No comments:

Post a Comment