Thursday 15 August 2013

At Home Spa







Hello Lovely Readers! 

I find that in the Summer my feet, especially my heels need more attention than ever.  In hopes that I'm not the only one, I've decided to share this quick DIY foot soak. 

You'll need: 
-4 L of hot/warm water ( depending on how you like it)
-1 teaspoon of coconut oil 
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
 
Mix the ingredients together and let it sit for a couple of minutes, this will allow the salt and oil to dissolve. The rest is fairly simple, soak your feet while enjoying a snack, reading a magazine, catching up on e-mail, etc. I find the longer you sit the better, so aim for 30 mins. If you're looking for even more hydration, lather on a body butter after drying off your feet. Try this out  every other week, however if you suffer from severe dryness try once a week. 

So why these ingredients?
 
Coconut oil is used in so many different ways to help add moisture to our skin, hair, nails. In this case it will help add moisture to our damaged cuticles and heals and keep them hydrated.

Many of the foot soaks we've come to use and love tend to list sea salt as one of their key ingredients. This is because sea salt helps remove and prevent calluses and rough skin on our feet.   

Together these two ingredients are the perfect combination.

Fatima


1 comment:

  1. I definitely need to do this! What w the dryness and blisters from wearing cute (but uncomfortable!) heels, my feet have been suffering from neglect this summer. This looks like the perfect and inexpensive DIY idea to pamper myself with one a nice relaxing evening :)

    xx Debbie

    www.whatdoffydoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete