Monday 20 May 2013

Manicure Monday :: The Great Gatsby







Products Used:

From left to right

Beauty Credit - Black Drop | LA Colors Art Deco - Gold Glitter | NYX - Black | The Face Shop - BR801

Basecoat - Nutra Nail Bullet-Proof Strength Formula | Topcoat - Nutra Nail High Gloss Top Coat

Hi loves! 

If you can't already tell by the title of this week's Manicure Monday, it was inspired by The Great Gatsby film. I had been SO eager to see this movie since I saw the preview for it in theatres last summer, but became a little disheartened after reading some of the critic's reviews. Nonetheless, I still went.. and am I ever glad I did! The film whisks you away to the 1920s era ( talk about high fashion and glam makeup), and all the while Leonardo Dicaprio swoons you by his spectacular acting, and for the cherry on top - the movie had great meaning to it (though I'm sure this followed the plot of F. Scott Fitzgerald's original book - which I must read pronto). Believe it or not, I had drafted a completely different look for today's Manicure Monday, but after returning home from the movies, I was in awe of the movie, and was so inspired by all the fashion and makeup that I was thinking of nail designs while watching the movie. I know, I should have been "critically analyzing" the film, since I'm a Communications major and all.. but hey, what's a girl to do, right?

Have a great week everyone, and for my fellow Canadians - enjoy your well deserved day off today! 

xo,

Luvania 




2 comments:

  1. great nails honey !
    visit me : http://nicoraulea.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete